2007年4月27日 星期五

Tasting OpenIPMP - Installing MySQL (2), finding rpm for perl DBI

In yesterday blog, we tried to install MySQL but encountered requiring perl(DBI) problem.

As we planned to use rpm installation, we have to find the perl DBI rpm, where can we find it?
We do not have the disc nearby and we should get it from net. Random search on RedHat or Fedora? Sounds no good.

Well, Google seems to be good little helper.
By searching the magic phrase "perl DBI rpm", great! It returns the location on rpmfind.net.
Grabbing the rpm and install it, then install MySQL again.

Everything seems good but just the init script not start the mysql server properly.
Well, luckily, it still can be started by command line. I finally gave up after trying to fix the script for one and a half hour and planned to look at it later.

Now, I should test login the server, silly me, I found I have not installed the client, so grab from mysql site.

Okay, try to go the next step - JDK and JBoss

沒有留言: